Skylights and roof lanterns are becoming increasingly popular as we realize the number of benefits they offer. Not only do these additions provide a touch of luxury to any home, but they can also make your house appear larger. Learn more in this blog post.
The Benefits of Skylights and Roof Lanterns
There are many benefits to installing skylights and roof lanterns in your home. They can improve the energy efficiency of your home, help to brighten up dark rooms, and add value to your property.
Modular rooflights with electric opening are a great way to let natural light into your home. This can help to reduce your energy bills, as you won’t need to use as much artificial lighting during the day. Skylights and roof lanterns can also help to improve the air quality in your home as they allow fresh air to circulate.
Another great benefit of skylights and roof lanterns is that they can help to brighten up dark rooms. If you have a room in your home that doesn’t get much natural light, installing a skylight or roof lantern can make a big difference.
Finally, skylights and roof lanterns can add value to your property. If you ever decide to sell your home, potential buyers will be impressed by these features and may be willing to pay more for your property.
How to Know If a Skylight or Roof Lantern is Right for Your Home
If you’re considering adding a skylight or roof lantern to your home, you’re not alone. These days, more and more homeowners are discovering the benefits of natural light. Not only does it help to reduce energy costs, but it also adds a sense of airiness and brightens up even the darkest of rooms.
So how do you know if a skylight or roof lantern is right for your home? Here are a few things to consider:
- The amount of natural light you want to bring in. If you’re looking to brighten up a dark room, then a skylight or roof lantern might be just what you need. But if you’re simply looking to add a little bit of extra light, then a solar tube might be a better option.
- The location of the sun. If your home is located in an area that gets direct sunlight for most of the day, then a skylight or roof lantern will help to maximize the amount of light that enters your home. However, if your home is in an area that doesn’t get a lot of direct sunlight, then a solar tube might be a better option.
Types of Skylights and Roof Lanterns
There are many different types of skylights and roof lanterns on the market today. Some of the most popular include:
- Skylights: These are the most common type of skylight. They come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and can be installed in both new and existing homes.
- Roof Lanterns: Roof lanterns are a type of skylight that is installed on the roof. They are usually larger than skylights and provide more natural light.
- Solar Tube Skylights: Solar tube skylights are a type of skylight that uses a tube to bring sunlight into the home. They are more energy efficient than traditional skylights.
- Skylight Windows: Skylight windows are a type of skylight that is installed in the window opening of a home. They provide natural light and ventilation, and can be opened and closed like a regular window.
Costs of Skylights and Roof Lanterns
Skylights and roof lanterns are becoming increasingly popular, especially among homeowners who are looking for ways to add natural light and ventilation to their homes. While the initial cost of installing a skylight or roof lantern can be significant, there are a number of factors that can impact the overall cost of these home improvement projects.
DIY Projects Using a Skylight or Roof Lantern
A skylight or roof lantern is a great way to add natural light to your home. They’re also perfect for DIY projects! Here are some ideas for projects you can do with a skylight or roof lantern:
- Create a solar oven – Use the power of the sun to cook your food! All you need is a skylight, some aluminum foil, and a dark-colored pot or pan.
- Make a suncatcher – Brighten up any room with a beautiful suncatcher! You can use stained glass, beads, or anything else that sparkles.
- Grow plants – Skylights and roof lanterns are perfect for growing plants indoors. Just make sure to choose plants that don’t require too much sunlight.
- Build a fort – Kids will love having their own secret fort! All you need is some fabric, rope, and a skylight or roof lantern.
It’s no wonder that skylights and roof lanterns are becoming increasingly popular, with all the benefits they offer. Not only do they improve the look of your home, but they also save energy and money, increase the value of your property, and improve your health by providing natural light. So if you’re considering adding a skylight or roof lantern to your home, don’t wait – the sooner you do it, the sooner you’ll start reaping all the rewards.