Global actions are a way to add standard functionality to the Salesforce1 mobile app. Global actions can also use to create, edit, or delete records; they can also be used to log a call, send an email, or view a list of recently viewed items. Global actions are available from the action overflow menu on each object in Salesforce1.
There are two types of global actions: object-specific actions and custom actions. Object-specific actions let users perform common tasks on records, such as creating new records or logging calls. Custom actions give you the flexibility to create unique actions for your org that aren’t specific to any one object.
In this article, we’ll cover how to add both object-specific and custom global actions to Salesforce1.
Adding Object-Specific Global Actions:
Navigate to Your Name > Setup > Mobile Navigation.
Click New in the Mobile Navigation Items section.
Select an object from the drop-down list, such as Accounts or Contacts. This will add all of the standard object-specific actions for that object to Salesforce1.
Customizing Object-Specific Global Actions:
You can customize which object-specific global actions are available for each object by clicking Edit next to the object in question on the Mobile Navigation Items page.
This will take you to a page where you can also select which actions should include. Simply check the boxes next to the desired actions and click save.
Salesforce1 is a powerful tool that gives sales reps the ability to access and also update customer information from any mobile device. But what if you want to add more global actions to Salesforce1, such as creating a new record or sending an email?
In this article, we’ll show you how to add global actions to Salesforce1 using the Lightning Process Builder. With just a few clicks, you can add new global actions to your Salesforce app and make them available to all users.
Salesforce1 is a mobile app and platform that enables you to customize and run your business from anywhere. It’s designed to give you the power and flexibility to work how you want when you want.
One of the great things about Salesforce is that it allows you to add custom actions to make your app even more powerful and personalized for your needs. Global actions are one type of custom action that can be added to Salesforce1.
In this article, we’ll show you how to add global actions to Salesforce1.
What Are Global Actions?
Global actions are quick to action links that appear in the Salesforce1 navigation bar. They provide users with shortcuts to common tasks, so users can get things done faster. For example, you could add a global action for creating a new lead or creating a new task. Global actions can add to both standard and custom objects.
Adding Global Actions to Salesforce1
To add global actions to Salesforce1, follow these steps:
- From the Setup menu, enter Global Actions in the Quick Find box, and then select Global Actions.
- Click New Action.
- Select the type of action you want to create:
- Create a Record: Used to create a new record
- Send an Email: Used to send an email
- Log a Call: Used to log a call
- Enter the following information for your action:
- Label: The name of the action that will appear in Salesforce1
- Object: The object that this action will be performed on. If you selected to create a Record, you can also select a record type for the new record.
- Available in Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience? Select yes to make this action available in both Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience. If you select No, the action will only be available in Lightning Experience.
- Run As: The user who will perform this action. This is typically the current user, but you can also select a specific user or queue.
- Click Save.
Your global action is now ready to use! To access it from Salesforce1, simply tap the + icon in the navigation bar and select your action from the list.
Salesforce1 is a powerful tool that allows you to customize and run your business from anywhere. You can add global actions to Salesforce1 to make your app even more powerful and personalized for your needs.