Glass has always been and remains one of the most hygienic materials for preparing or storing food. Modern glassware is quite durable, resistant not only to high temperatures but also to low ones. The versatility of glass pots has led to the enormous popularity of such dishes among housewives around the world.
Judge for yourself, the most common glass pan can be used for cooking in the oven, for heating in the microwave, and in glassware, you can store already cooked food in the refrigerator or freezer. Some manufacturers make their products resistant even to extreme temperatures of -40°C.
Properties of glassware
Glassware has become quite popular all over the world due to the possibility of its wide application. In the range of manufacturers of heat-resistant glassware, you can find accessories necessary for every modern kitchen, such as glass pots, salad bowls, teapots, goose bowls, braziers, and baking dishes of various shapes.
- Glassware has excellent quality and practicality in domestic use. Pots are resistant to temperature extremes. For example, the minimum temperature recommended for using such cookware is -40°C. This indicator allows you to use glassware for storing cooked food not only in the refrigerator but also in the freezer.
- The maximum allowable heating temperature for glass pans is 300°C. Thus, heat-resistant custom glassware is also suitable for use in ovens. For such purposes, the assortment of various manufacturers provides a wide variety of baking forms. They have different sizes and shapes from the ordinary square and rectangular to non-standard round and oval. The convenience of using glassware in ovens is also since glass baking dishes do not lead to the burning of the cooked dish.
- Most glassware is made from heat-resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can be used at both high and low temperatures (as we’ve already covered, glassware can be used in both the oven and the freezer). In addition, this composition of the material allows the use of pots, salad bowls, and special forms in the microwave. Glass pans, as a rule, are equipped with lids with recesses, which can additionally be used as a plate. It has all the same properties of heat resistance and frost resistance as a pan.
- Collections of various brands that are made of glass, whether it be pots, salad bowls, goose bowls, or baking dishes, have a rather attractive look and elegant shape. Thanks to this, you can safely use such dishes for table setting. For example, in the Pyrex range, there is a double-sided glass chicken dish. The bird cooked in it and served on the table will look incredibly impressive.
- Glassware due to its properties is very easy to clean, and it can also be washed in the dishwasher.
When choosing or using glassware, be sure to first pay attention to its technical characteristics and only then to the brand of the manufacturer. It often happens that a more expensive brand may not match all that. How would you like to use his dishes? After all, for example, outwardly identical pans can have different purposes. One can only be used for table setting and, possibly, for heating food in a microwave oven, while the other one, outwardly the same, can replace you with a baking dish in the oven and a container for storing frozen foods.
Leave a Reply