Are you wondering how to get the most out of your Facebook page for business? You’re not alone! Many small business owners are unsure of how to use Facebook, or worse, they misuse it, hurting their business in the process. This article gives you six essential tips for using Facebook strategically and successfully as part of your small business marketing plan.
How To Use A Facebook Page As An Extension Of Your Business
Chances are, you’ve heard about the benefits of using a Facebook page for your business. You might even be trying to figure out how to use a Facebook page for your business and wondering what steps you need to take. The truth is, that starting a business or creating an extension of your existing company on Facebook isn’t very complicated. The difficult part comes in figuring out what you’re going to post on it and how often you’re going to post it.
Here are six tips for how to use a Facebook page for business:
- Make sure that there’s clear information about your company at the top of your profile and cover photo.
- Build up followers with posts that contain useful content.
- Include links in order to help people find more information about what you do online and offline.
- Post new articles from your blog every once in a while so people can see how active you are with blogging.
- Use other social media outlets such as Twitter and Instagram to link back to your Facebook page as well.
- It’s also important to remember not to spam people who follow you with too many posts.
Use these guidelines when considering how to use a Facebook page for business!
1) Post Engaging Content
Incorporating a Facebook page into your business is an easy way to interact with your customers and make sure they feel engaged. To do this, follow these 6 tips:
1) Keep It Updated
2) Create Posts That Your Customers Will Want To See
3) Listen And Respond To Your Customers
4) Learn How To Optimize Your Post
5) Get Likes!
The more likes you have the higher you rank in Facebook’s search engine. The higher you rank the more views and engagement you will get from other users on the site.
2) Promote your content with paid ads
With social media as one of the most effective ways to market your business, you can’t afford not to use it. There are plenty of ways to make it work for you and building your page is one of them.
First off, since people scroll through their feed quickly it’s best to create visually appealing posts that have interesting images or videos. You should always be sure to mention what’s in store in an upcoming event but don’t hesitate to mix things up by sharing recipes and funny memes with little or no context (note: use branded images when possible). The idea is to keep people interested so they’ll come back and share your content.
Do you need help figuring out how to use a Facebook Business Manager? Click here!
3) Build relationships
Build relationships with your customers by regularly asking them to interact with your page. Share posts that they would be interested in and start conversations. Try to get them to comment on your posts or upload photos of themselves with the product. Make sure you respond back to any messages that are sent to you, this will make the customer feel like they are a valued member of your company! It is also important to stay up-to-date with current events as well as posting links from other companies. Remember, people want to know what’s going on so don’t be afraid to share relevant content. You can always ask for opinions through polls as well!
After about three months into managing my own personal account I started my own company page and it has been great ever since!
4) Get the most out of events and groups
Be the first to share events and groups to grow your network. If you’re in an industry that allows you to collaborate, creating a group is a great way to connect with professionals. And don’t forget about creating event pages for your company. This gives visitors more of an idea about who you are and what you offer. Engage people by responding or asking them questions. It will be worth it when they talk about you in their social feed with their friends!
1) Fill out the required fields on your page
2) Add important contact information
3) Update business hours
4) Add photos of products/services
5) Maintain daily posting habits
6) Share content relevant to your niche
7) Respond promptly to all comments
8) Reach out to others via posts
9) Keep up-to-date with trends
10) Regularly search keywords related to your industry
5) Giveaways are not a waste of time!
Business owners have always recognized the power of a compelling giveaway, so it’s no surprise that you might be asking yourself if giveaways are worth the investment. The answer is yes.
- First, giveaways help spread awareness about your business, which can lead to new customers and repeat customers.
- Second, giveaways allow you to collect data about your potential customers which will help you better target offers for future sales promotions in order to get the highest possible ROI.
- Third, people love free stuff! People love to feel special, especially when they’ve already expressed interest in your brand by liking or following your page. So how do you design an effective contest?
Do you have any tips for using a Facebook page for business? Share them in the comments below.